Bookings with Archaeological Tours are accepted only in accordance with the terms and conditions detailed below.
Your Holiday Contract
When you make a booking you guarantee that you have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your party the terms of these booking conditions. A contract will exist as soon as we issue our confirmation invoice. Once you have received your confirmation invoice, it is your responsibility to check that the information and booking details, including the spelling of all passenger names, as stated on your invoice are correct and match the passport details. If any of the details on the confirmation invoice are incorrect, you must notify us immediately. We will pass on any additional charges incurred as a result of these details not being correct. We reserve the right to refuse to accept and/or not proceed with any booking at any time at our sole discretion. In accepting bookings for the tour, Archaeological Tours clearly stipulates that it is not liable for the faults or defaults of other companies and persons that may be used in the carrying out of the tour services; also for accidents, baggage losses, delays, strikes, political unrest, riots and acts of God and war.
How to Book
You can book now on any of the tours listed on our website or in our brochure, after enquiring either by telephone (866-740-5130) or email (email@example.com). We are happy to hold bookings on our tours without commitment for seven days. After this, we require a deposit to confirm your place. Payment can be made by card, bank transfer, or check (payable to Archaeological Tours). We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express. There is no credit card fee for guests. We do not accept post-dated checks, nor do we keep your card details. For overseas bank transfers, all fees must be paid by the guest(s).
Deposits & Payments
A non-refundable deposit of $1,250 is required to reserve your place on tour (the amount is subject to change during periods when promotional offers are in place). Final payment for all tours is due 12 weeks prior to departure.
Our Price Promise
It is our principle that the earlier you book, the lower the price you pay. When we launch our new tours, our lowest prices are made available to give you the very best value for money; prices can increase as the departure date approaches.
For the majority of our tours, the program will remain exactly as described in the brochure. If we do have to make alterations, for instance due to changes in opening hours, we will do our utmost to ensure that these are for the benefit for our guests. We will inform guests in advance of any changes.
We strongly recommend that all travelers are covered by comprehensive travel insurance and do not travel against medical advice. You should organize insurance immediately when you book, to ensure you have coverage against possible cancellation charges, medical treatment and repatriation.
Cancellation by you
In the event you must cancel a tour, we must receive your intent in writing, either by email or letter. The amount retained by Archaeological Tours will vary dependent on the amount of time between Archaeological Tours receiving your notice and the beginning of the tour, as detailed here.
Retained by Archeological Tours:
• Up to 84 days before: Deposit amount
• 83–63 days before: 35% of tour cost
• 62–42 days before: 55% of tour cost
• 41–21 days before: 75% of tour cost
• 20 days or fewer before: 100% of tour cost.
Penalties are also levied on the single supplement. Insurance is strongly recommended.
Cancellation by us
In the event that we cancel your tour prior to the date of departure, occurring either due to low passenger numbers or major logistical barriers to operation, you will have the option to transfer to an alternative tour (and pay/receive a refund/credit in respect of any price difference) or accept a full refund of all monies paid.
The Tour Rate Includes
- Expert Guide Lecturer
- Tour Manager
- Transportation as indicated in the itinerary.
- Arrival and departure transfers between the nearest international airport and first and last group hotels
- 4*–5* accommodation or best available
- Meals as specified in the itinerary
- Entrances to all sites listed
- Recommended reading list, study book, participant list, hotel list, country information, joining instructions, luggage labels, baggage straps
- One checked suitcase and one carry-on bag that will fit under your seat. Size and weight allowances can vary dependent on destination
- All appropriate gratuities to site guides, drivers, waiters and porters
Not Included in the Tour Rate
- International airfare and airport taxes
- Passport valid for at least 6 months beyond tour completion and/or visa fees
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses such as room service, meals not specified in the itinerary, beverages not on menus or not indicated by tour staff, room service, excess baggage charges, and other optional incidentals
- Extra hotel nights pre- and/or post-tour
- Guide Lecturer and Tour Manager gratuities are not included and should be extended on a voluntary, individual basis.
For those traveling alone but who prefer to share with another, we will endeavor to work out congenial rooming arrangements. If a single room must be assigned due to the roommate’s canceling or incompatibility, or for any other reason, even if at the last moment or while on tour, the single supplement or prorate thereof must be collected.